Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's raining everything but money

The sky is falling! Duck! There's two cars and a house and growing boys and the fuel it takes to keep them all alive and moving, full speed. This struggle isn't very fun and who said it would be, anyway? My parents warned me that this was going to be tough. I laughed at them with a teenaged heart and unknowing soul. I will live an amazing life and it will be nothing but fun and laughter! Wasn't I just so silly in my youth? Oh, yes... and, although it comforts me to say that everyone was so silly as I, I know the truth. Not everyone has a carefree easy childhood that would allow them to be so foolish in their heart about the realities of life. Sixteen years are gone and there have been so many lessons learned. Such strong pains that, when recalled, the same burn comes back for a moment to remind you of the hurt you once felt. Luckily, it's fleeting. Let is go. There are plenty of smiles to be brought back, as well. Those are the things to hold onto. The shining moments. The good stuff.
A lot of death lately... of course, I would know none of it if I did not have a facebook account. There is an old high school friend of mine there that is the local beacon of news and information. And another old friend from the burg. I don't read that newspaper or visit those places, so I am otherwise uninformed. I kind of wish I was and have thought of cancelling my fb account just to escape it! Too many people in my age group dying. It makes me think about my own mortality and I don't like that. That's how you get a somber and serious blog like this one.

No comments: