Saturday, February 27, 2010

What a week!


So glad to have Saturday morning arrive covered in the white stuff... and nowhere to go for hours and hours. The trees are all white and the world is a beautiful and silent place. A nice long walk is in order. Mind clearing is imperative!
This last 5 days has been a non-stop running, shopping (only in February!), scary moments (mom and the purse snatcher), and great family moments with laughter and smiles. I live for those, so few and far between, now that teen angst has all but taken over my house and life. We ate dinner out as a family, no one was somewhere else. Of course, we took out a second mortgage to pay for the meal, but it was worth it.
Last night we all went to the Sharks game, too. What a great time! I get rowdy and my boys are looking at me like I'm insane. We're here, and I'm going to scream and jump up and down when the good guys score! It took them until the second period to warm up, but, once they did, they were nearly as excited as I was. (lets face it, I might be a little too excited, but that's me)
All in all, on this late February day, I am able to appreciate the small things. I feel good inside and mostly out, too. The lower back stuff is a real bitch, but I am doing the pt exercises and the pain is not so severe.
I'm happy. Relaxed.
Hungy.

No comments: