Wednesday, February 10, 2010

change

I was talking to my friend A the other day and she was saying that she is scared of change, whether good or bad, and doesn't handle it well.
Really?
Why?
She couldn't pinpoint it, but I am guessing it has something to do with seeing a lot of change in her childhood. I make this judgement because I saw little change in my childhood, and, as an adult, I not only handle it quite well, I welcome it. I would rearrange the living room every other day if the furniture wasn't so heavy.
In in seven years, I have moved 5 times and it hasn't bothered me in the least. No sadness, just packing and unpacking. I've lost a lot of stuff, but I have no sentimental attachment to stuff anymore. A divorce and 5 moves will take care of any sentimentality you might be hanging on to! It's actually kind of a relief to be free of all those boxes.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this one, but, A, if you're reading, I'm here for ya. I'll help you get through the change. I'm practically an expert. And I love you.

No comments: