Saturday, December 4, 2010

such a block

We write to taste life twice...once in the moment and in introspection. ~ Anais Nin

I am growing very frustrated with my inability to write as of late. I'm not writing here or in my actual pen to paper notebooks. Total drought. I just can't seem to care enough through the end of a paragraph. I see a change in the works. I think I'll reread some Vonegut and see if it does to me what it did so many years ago.

Life is good, but it makes for bad writing. I just can't sit here and go on and on about every little thing I do. It feels like bragging and that's unattractive to me. I'm trying so hard to hide my inner torture to avoid being chiche or negative, that there is nothing to let out.
Oh, god, is this some kind of mid-life bullshit? I really thought the last ten years could cover enough "crisis" to last me til I float away. Do I need to start leaving myself inspirational notes again? "You can do it!" C-H-E-D-D-A-R
Hmmm... I think I will start with Cat's Cradle.

Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: