Thursday, March 10, 2011

crunchy guitars

I heard Pantera as bumper music on NPR this weekend! Three cheers for diversity!
I do not believe our government needs to continue to fund NPR in any capacity. PBS, now that's a different story all together. There are children who get the ONLY bit of good in their lives from Sesame Street and it's colleagues. NPR is radio, listened to by mostly white, mostly affluent, college educated adults. Two very different entities and I wish folks would separate the two.
NPR already manages to raise 90% of it's funding, so I think it won't be too difficult to raise that other 10%. I'll start giving myself to protect my daily background noise! NPR is a huge part of my life, but I don't believe it's the US government's responsibility to pay for it, especially when programs that feed the hungry and keep the elderly warm are at stake.
Why is it so hard to see that we need to cut the salaries of EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN to fit more averagely into the realm of their constituents' salaries so that they can make better choices when passing laws that affect us all!
Come one people, I'm not that smart... and even I know better.

1 comment:

elexerdelex said...

Ah well politicians in our countries are voted for...
If you want different political descisions you vote for somebody else!

Too bad america only has 2 parties...