Wednesday, June 9, 2010

no junk in this trunk

They don't call it "junk" for nothing!
When are the PC police going to step up and do something about us skinny girls and the abuse we take from the world? If I ever said "Girl, you so fat, put down that cupcake!" in ANY situation, I would be booooo-ed, chastised, and thrown from the car/bus/room/staircase within seconds. However, it's perfectly fine for you to tell me that I am too thin and need to go eat some of those same cupcakes.
I've been thin all my life. I eat a healthy, diverse diet and I am physically active every day of my life. It's how I was raised and it's how I am raising mine because I enjoy being healthy and I want the same for my family. But, we live in the good ol' USofA, and here, if you don't consume mass amounts of shitty processed drive thru crap, you are looked down upon. I have been laughed at, called names, and accused of starving myself. And, it's all fine and dandy, because...
Anyone?
Bueller?

1 comment:

Keyna said...

My personal favorite is, "Oh my god, you're so skinny. Do you EAT?"

My answer? Yes. In reasonably sized portions several times a day.

I don't have much junk in my trunk, but I don't have any candy bars in my purse, either.