Saturday, July 3, 2010

Don't worry, I'll have PMS again before you know it

I love my life.
I have the freedom to pursue my passions, and I do.
I have managed a good balance between WIFE, MOM, and ME. ME does still exist, I've insisted on it. Don't get me wrong, I am not first in line most times, but, I don't need to be. I like to be taking when the giving's all done.
I've been thinking again.
A friend played my "role" for a short time and thought of how sad and lonely I must feel. She had fed and cleaned and then they were into a game on tv and each other, without her. No one got up to dance for her when she finally entered the room. Instead, more food was ordered. Drink in hand, she retreats to the kitchen, feeling sad and alone.
Good thing you don't play MY "role" because you could'nt handle one day.
Here it is, sweety, I'm the mom and I work the least outside the home, so it is my JOB to cook and keep house. If I were the man, it would be the same (for me). Whoever is home does the home work. Brilliant idea, no?
When I am done, I am usually in a big hurry to do WHAT I WANT. And, most often, sitting in the living room staring at the television is not it. That's what the boys do. I have my own stuff.
Upon further review, I am feeling sad for you.

No comments: